LIFE IS JUST THROWN AT YOU. YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE GOOD AND LET THE BAD GO. THIS IS JUST SOME OF MY GOOD.



Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MY CONTAINER GARDEN


I, usually, kill everything I try to grow since I didn't inherit my mama's green thumb. But one day I thought it would be fun to try to grow something. So Ugur and I went to the store and bought one tomato plant, soil and a pot. We bought 3 pepper plants, too. Well, we got home and I realized it was the wrong tomatoes. They were cherry tomatoes. I wanted big tomatoes. I planted them anyway. The next week we bought the big beef tomato plant, another pot and more soil. As I am pouring the soil into the pot I read on the bag "not for container gardening". Shit! What can I do but hope for the best. These top 2 pictures are of the big beef tomato plant shortly after planting and now as of date. Looking good, huh? No tomatoes on them yet but lots of flowers and it looks really healthy so I expect good things from that one. I will keep you posted as to what becomes of my little garden.

This is the cherry tomato plant. I thought it was going to die, too, because it hasn't really flourished either. But, I was sitting on the patio the other day and glanced over and noticed the two little cherry tomatoes on them. I was soooo proud. They still have a chance at living... until we eat them of course.


These are the pepper plants. They started out as three but now there are two. It rained a lot right after I planted them and I think the one drowned. The other two haven't done anything. They look exactly the same. So, I guess there is still hope.

0 comments:

MY CREATIVE SIDE

By no means am I a great seamstress. I can't even do buttons or zippers. Maybe one day I will learn, though. I am more of a crafty sewer. These are just some of my projects I have made. They are simple but I am proud of them all the same.