LIFE IS JUST THROWN AT YOU. YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE GOOD AND LET THE BAD GO. THIS IS JUST SOME OF MY GOOD.



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I LOVE THIS STUFF

FOR THE NON-TURKISH PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.

With the exception of Ugur's mom's cooking this is the best turkish food ever. I crave this all the time. It is actually supposed to be an appetizer but we eat it as our meal. You will definately feel bloated afterwards if you eat too much. Which we do. It is called KISIR. You normally don't serve it with jalepenos but they are good with it. The other things on top are a turkish pepper (tursu). The recipe follows if you are interested in trying it.

1 pound fine bulgur (bulgur wheat)
Tomato paste or red pepper paste (not a lot of red pepper paste)
Chopped Tomatoes (small cubes)
Chopped Cucumber (small cubes)
Chopped Green Onion (Scallions)
Chopped Fresh Dill or Parsley
Lemon juice
Olive Oil
Paprika Flakes
Salt (but we dont use it as the tomato paste has salt in it anyway)

Everything is to taste.

First soak the bulgur in hot water about 10 mins. Than mix the bulgur with the paste really well until the bulgur gets the color of the paste, and then mix everything together with hands. You can serve this wrapped with green leaf lettuce or just dive in with a fork like we do.

0 comments:

MY CREATIVE SIDE

By no means am I a great seamstress. I can't even do buttons or zippers. Maybe one day I will learn, though. I am more of a crafty sewer. These are just some of my projects I have made. They are simple but I am proud of them all the same.