LIFE IS JUST THROWN AT YOU. YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE GOOD AND LET THE BAD GO. THIS IS JUST SOME OF MY GOOD.



Sunday, July 1, 2012

DISTRESSED SHUTTER HEADBOARD

 I took plain, natural wood shutters  ( I forgot to take the picture of them in their natural state).  Painted them black.  Let that dry. 

 Paint a clear crackling medium over that.  Let that dry. 



 Than I, sloppily,  painted a top coat of a different color ( I used a cream color). Let that dry.

 

 As it dries, it will start to crackle.



Voila!  My new headboard. 



Here's a close up.  I love it.  We put a fresh coat of paint up on the walls.  And now we have a brand new bedroom. Yay!

0 comments:

MY CREATIVE SIDE

By no means am I a great seamstress. I can't even do buttons or zippers. Maybe one day I will learn, though. I am more of a crafty sewer. These are just some of my projects I have made. They are simple but I am proud of them all the same.