LIFE IS JUST THROWN AT YOU. YOU HAVE TO HOLD ON TO THE GOOD AND LET THE BAD GO. THIS IS JUST SOME OF MY GOOD.



Monday, February 15, 2010

ON THE ROAD

We left for our road trip Friday. That meant no computer for almost 3 days. How does one survive without that. Just kidding. This trip was a lot easier on the ass this time than the last trip we took. Last trip to Texas we had a small Buick. This time we had Ugur's Yukon. We also stopped for 2 nights instead of just one like the last trip. That made a huge difference, too. Dylan did really well on the way down. He was able to sit up front with us almost the whole time. He is doing really well with the family, too. This is the first time he met his PaPa. This is also the most people he has met at once. We are going to stay in Texas for about 10 days. We are going to visit the family, eat at all the great restaurants that Texas has to offer, hit all the stores that I love and miss so much, go to the beach and the parks, show Ugur some sights that we missed last time. We are going to also take a weekend trip up to San Antonio. There we will go to the river walk, the Alamo and take a tour of the missionaries and whatever else we can fit in. Than we will head to New Orleans for another 8 days for Ugur's business. We will of course hit Bourbon street, the French Quarters, take a tour of plantation homes, take a paddle wheel boat tour of the Mighty Mississippi and eat gumbo and pralines. As a kid growing up, Mama would take us to New Orleans, at least, once a year. I couldn't even tell you how many times I have been. I can't wait to go again.

0 comments:

MY CREATIVE SIDE

By no means am I a great seamstress. I can't even do buttons or zippers. Maybe one day I will learn, though. I am more of a crafty sewer. These are just some of my projects I have made. They are simple but I am proud of them all the same.